If you are a QuickBooks user while using QuickBooks software, you may encounter many errors at any time. In today’s article, we are going to discuss one of the most common error codes, QuickBooks Errors Code 6144 82. QuickBooks Errors is occurring when you are opening a file of any company used by another company. Here, learn QuickBooks error code 6144 82 i.e. how to fix and solve it. Here, we are referring to the step by step solution. You have to follow the instruction and solve your problems and issues.
What are the symptoms of the QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
- QuickBooks error 6144 appears when the active program window crashes.
- Your computer often crashes with QuickBooks Error 6144 82 while running similar programs.
- Windows runs lethargic and slowly counters for mouse or keyboard input.
- Sometimes your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds.
- You may also see a different QuickBooks error 6144 82.
When QuickBooks error code 6144 82 warning message appears: –
This occurs during the installation of any program and is open in the QuickBooks background.
When starting or closing your desktop.
This can also happen while installing and operating the system on your computer.
Reasons for occurring QuickBooks Error code 6144 82
- If your download is incomplete or QuickBooks is not fully installed.
- Due to recent installs or uninstalls of a program, your registry is corrupted.
- Your system may be affected by some malware or viruses. Viruses may have to delete any important QuickBooks or window files. Try to clean it using any strong antivirus.
- One positivity is that another program may have deleted some QuickBooks company files.
- Any loss of hard disk or RAM can cause loss of data and file.
- It may also be due to a change in the settings of the network connection which may be the cause of the error.
- The above message plays an important role in handling and fixing any error code. Knowing the exact reason helps to cure it effectively and efficiently.
Following steps to fix QuickBooks error 6144
Fixing QuickBooks Error 6144 82 means assuring that QuickBooks is turned off on all computers, antivirus is disabled, and all steps are performed on the main computer, except for the last step. Follow these steps to resolve these issues:
- First of all, you hail to start the services.
- Now, you have to change the account type.
- After that, you have to provide a read/write option for all the creped folders by selecting a new folder called QB.
- Next, you have to copy the company file to the new folder “QuickBooks”.
- Now, verify that the company file has been copied to the preferred location (to close this folder where you copied the file and reopen it via the same path used in copying the file path. )
- You can create inbound and outbound firewall rules.
- Likewise, add “add port” to new outbound rules
- Restore the company file on the main computer
- Open the company file on other computers (to perform this task, you need to know the IP address of the main computer).
- Access company file from another computer
An instant solution to fix QuickBooks error code 6144 82
- First, you have to try to fix registry entries related to error 6144 82
- Try to clean your system using any strong antivirus or security program.
- You must use any junk or disk cleaner program to clean your PC’s junk (Tempora files and folders)
- Check if you are using an older driver. If found, update them.
- You can perform an “undo” operation to restore any newly created changes.
- After that, you should try to uninstall and reinstall any QuickBooks program related to error 6144 82
- Launch Windows System File Checker (“SFC / Scan Now”)
- Check for any Windows update and install it.
- Do a clean installation of Windows.
I hope this article helps you understand how to fix QuickBooks error code 6144 82. If you are unable to resolve this error, you can call our QuickBooks 24/7 support phone number and resolve the issues yourself. If you want to get more information related to QuickBooks, you can talk to our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.