You have most likely arrived here due to a physical grievance that has caused you to suffer for some time now. We believe these types of conditions are limiting your mobility, causing pain, and have reduced your quality of life. What if we told you though, that if you live in the south Florida area you wouldn’t have to endure these issues, because that there is a clear solution to them? We are eager to inform you that physiotherapy in Hollywood can provide you with the necessary care to alleviate your symptoms. Stay tuned for an informational account on the types of injuries you may suffer from, and how physiotherapy can cure them.
What is physiotherapy?: The American Physical Therapy Association defines a physiotherapist as a trained medical professional who focuses on diagnosing physical abnormalities, improving functional mobility, strengthening and physical functions.
Physiotherapists use their licenses to work in healthcare centers such as private offices, hospitals, and sports facilities to just name a few. When you decide to be cared for by a physiotherapist, he or she will examine your affected region thoroughly in order to accurately assess the issue at hand. Physiotherapists are able to diagnose the cause of your condition, treat it, and ultimately facilitate the prevention of any future injury in the area as well.
Conditions treated: Several physical issues can affect your basic mobility, hindering your performance either at work or your personal life. If left untreated, the pain could become far more serious. Conditions include:
- A set of Cardiopulmonary conditions, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis (CF) or post-myocardial infarction (MI). Each of these need careful supervision and active care.
- Neurological illnesses such as strokes, spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, vestibular dysfunction, or brain injuries.
- Injuries caused by sports such as concussions, muscle tears, broken bones, and spinal injuries, and head traumas.
- Issues with joint mobility, caused by nerve compressions and vertebral misalignments.
Benefits of care: The following points are the advantages of allowing a planned physiotherapeutic routine –
- Being cared for by a physiotherapist will reduce your pain immediately. Techniques such as joint and soft tissue mobilization, target the affected areas with electrical impulses, ultrasounds, massages and manipulations of force. These therapies reduce inflammation, and increase your rate of mobility.
- Avoiding surgery is perhaps one of the most important benefits of physiotherapy. Physical therapy lessens your pain, improves your mobility, and thus reduces your chances of going into surgery since the issue at hand is already being worked on. If your injury requires mandatory surgery, then you can also benefit from pre-surgery therapy. These sessions will better prepare you before your invasive procedure, so that your recovery time can be quicker.
- Physiotherapy can benefit people who have suffered from strokes. A physiotherapist can assist a patient to regain strength in the weakened areas of the body. Motor functions are strengthened, so that the individual can regain a level of autonomy.
- Individuals who suffer from heart or lung conditions may also benefit from proper physiotherapeutic care. Specific sets of therapies can be assigned to a patient whose quality of life has deteriorated due to a pulmonary procedure, or a heart attack. The given exercise can improve endurance, breathing, and heart rate.
With this information, we hope you seek an experienced physiotherapist! Your health is the most valuable asset to your life and it needs to be looked after!