Skype is normally a useful communication application but sometimes it can be annoying to receive calls from unknown parties. To avoid this, you can block the person and if you don’t know how this works, you can get in touch with Skype Customer Support.
To block someone on Skype for Windows and Mac, you need to follow the given steps as per the contact you want to block.
If the person is from recent contacts:
- Look for the person’s name in recent contacts.
- Press Ctrl and right-click to get a drop-down menu.
- From the menu select ‘Block contact’ and it will bring up a pop-up menu to confirm the action.
- Select ‘Block’ and you can also select ‘Report abuse’ for this person.
- After you have blocked the person, his name will be removed from the recent contacts.
If the person is not from the recent contacts list:
- First, select ‘Contacts’ and then search for the person from the list of contacts.
- Select the person’s name and press the Ctrl key plus right-click to open the drop-down menu.
- Now, select view profile to see a pop-up of the person’s profile.
- Move down to the bottom of the profile and select Block contact.
- This will show a pop-up so that you can confirm your selection.
- After you are done blocking the person, you will not see his name again in the list.
For any difficulties faced, you can give us a call at the Skype Support Phone Number.
To Block Someone on Skype for Web
- First, you need to click on the Contacts icon that is given at the left side.
- Next, look for the contact that you want to block.
- Select the name of the person that you have decided to block.
- Press Ctrl and right-click to get the drop-down menu.
- From the menu select the option that says ‘Block’ and it will give you a pop-up to confirm your decision.
- Once you are done blocking the person, you will see a red stop icon next to it.
Unblocking on Skype
In case you have blocked someone previously, but want to now unblock that person due to any reason, here is what you need to do.
- Go to the Tools section and then click on ‘Options’.
- After that go to the ‘Privacy’ section and click on ‘Blocked Contacts’.
- Select the contact you want to unblock and click on the Unblock option.
- Click on Save to confirm the action.
If you need more information about blocking or unblocking, you can reach out to the experts via Skype Help Number.