- Crow’s feet can appear as early as in your 20s.
- The area around the eyes needs special care to delay the formation of wrinkles as long as possible.
- Start by “nourishing” your skin: drink plenty of mineral water and take vitamins A, E, and K, and beta-carotene.
- To protect the delicate skin around the eyes, choose a good cream that nourishes and creates a microscopic layer on the surface of the skin.
- Best anti-wrinkle advice: adopt a healthy lifestyle, stop smoking and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
Among the first wrinkles to surface on the face are the infamous crow’s feet that appear in the outer corners of the eyes. They can form after the age of 25, but they become more pronounced between 30 and 35. The reason why these wrinkles appear in the corners of the eyes is the same reason why wrinkles appear in general – it is the loss of skin elasticity due to reduced collagen and elastin production.
Collagen and elastin are proteins responsible for keeping the skin firm and elastic. But as the growth process stops, collagen and elastin production begins to decline. In addition to reduced collagen and elastin production, other factors contribute to crow’s feet: intense sun exposure, smoking, pollution, and stress.
How To Prevent Crow’s Feet
Crow’s feet are one of the unsightly signs of aging. The good news is there are ways to prevent or at least delay their appearance. Here’s what you need to do so you don’t wake up to wrinkled facial skin:
- Stay protected from UVA and UVB – 80% of wrinkles are caused by damage from unprotected exposure to UV radiation, one study
We rarely use sunscreen around the eyes, which means that this area is exposed to the sun. Protect your eyes from ultraviolet radiation. Invest in the best anti-aging eye creams with a sun protection factor of 30 or higher. Apply it every day before applying make-up. Avoid sun exposure on hot summer days when the sun is very strong between 10 am and 4 pm. When you have no choice but to expose yourself to the sun, wear oversized sunglasses with UV protection. Also, protect your eyes with special glasses on cold winter days spent in the mountains or at high altitudes where solar radiation is stronger.
- Apply a daily under-eye moisturizer – Skincare products can help fight crow’s feet. You can include an eye cream in your skincare routine as early as your 20s, and by your 30s, you need to start using anti-aging cosmetics.
Moisturize the skin around your eyes every day. After cleansing, moisturize the skin around your eyes using a special serum, such as the Plexaderm Rapid Reduction Serum. According to user reviews, it may be one of the best anti-aging eye creams available on the market. It promises to provide instant smoother wrinkle-free skin in less than 10 minutes that lasts up to 10 hours. Plexaderm’s active ingredients include silicate minerals from shale clay that form an invisible layer on the skin, tightening and smoothing out under-eye bags, dark circles, and crow’s feet.
- Hydrate – The easiest way to moisturize your skin is to consume enough water daily. What exactly does “enough water” mean? It depends on your weight, your height, the activities you do in a day, and the characteristics of the environment where you live. But you should drink at least two liters of fluids a day if you don’t want to get dehydrated.
According to a study on the effects of water consumption on skin hydration, it has been shown that higher water consumption may positively impact normal skin, particularly in those individuals with lower daily water consumption (2). The effects of dehydration are dangerous for your whole body, not just your skin, as the human body is about 60% water.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly – You can have this cosmetic procedure at a beauty salon, but you can also use a DIY scrub made from honey and powdered sugar. The important thing is to exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells and give your face a fresh look.
You can opt to include exfoliating products in your skincare routine from the age you start using skincare creams. Another signal that tells you that you need to apply exfoliating cosmetics to your skin is the appearance of skin problems. For example, most girls notice the first signs of acne during puberty (13-14 years).
- Give yourself a facial massage now and then – Facial massage helps keep your skin toned and youthful-looking. But to have this effect, the massage must be done correctly, i.e. in circular, upward movements.
Don’t rub the skin vigorously during the massage, and don’t rub the eyes, as this can force the skin around the eyes to tighten, leading to goose pimples. The miraculous effect of the anti-wrinkle facial massage on the skin has a very simple explanation: blood starts to flow faster through the capillaries, metabolic processes in the cells start to take place more intensively, the skin receives the necessary nutrients in large quantities as collagen and elastin begin to produce twice as much, thus, the skin becomes elastic, and wrinkles are smoothed out (3).
- Eat green for healthy skin – Do you want healthy-looking skin? Then adopt a healthy lifestyle. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet that are rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Dietary supplements may also ensure an optimal intake of essential nutrients for the skin.
Healthy eating helps you maintain the health of your complexion and delay the signs of aging. Overly fatty foods, foods too high in sugar, and unhealthy foods in general speed up the skin aging process. Foods rich in vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants are recommended because they stimulate collagen production and maintain skin health (4).
Green vegetables, nuts, and fruits should be part of your healthy lifestyle. Incorporate them into your diet for young, smooth, beautiful skin!
Crow’s feet wrinkles are a normal part of aging, but there are many healthy ways to reduce their appearance. The above tips are easy to accomplish and your skin will glow from within. Sometimes, wrinkles can be hard to hide, here are other useful tips. Apply moisturizing eye cream in the morning and at night after cleansing. Do some research on the best anti-aging eye creams available today and pick your sidekick. Try using a silicone-based primer to create a smooth skin appearance. Use a fluid foundation. Heavy makeup makes wrinkles more pronounced. A foundation with light to medium coverage is a good choice if you have crow’s feet. To apply foundation, use a damp beauty blender for flawless, light coverage. Also, don’t use a thick layer of powder on crow’s feet. It can build up your wrinkles.