In the early days of web development, all websites were designed with a mixture of text and static HTML codes. However, with the passage of time, things have changed a lot. Web development and web sites are no longer the same. They have become more complicated in their architecture as well as have moved ahead to provide more enjoyable and richer experiences to the visitors. You can easily convert Html to WordPress in a few steps.
What are the steps to be followed in case of a website migration from any other platform to WordPress?
- The first step of migration would definitely start with an evaluation of the previous website. You should spend a considerable amount of time evaluating the upgradations and other special features you need on the new website.
- The next thing that needs attention is the type of content that you wish to have on the new website. Content like posts, pages, links, and galleries play an important role in a website.
- The third step of migration would be installing WordPress on your domain. This is one of the easiest jobs in the whole process which you have started to convert website to WordPress. It is moreover a click and installs type installation. You just need to select the version of WordPress you want to install and the rest is taken care of by the automated installer.
- The fourth step would be migrating all the content from the existing website to the newfangled WordPress installation. This will not take long however, you need to have sufficient expertise in migrating websites. If you are not sure how to migrate the existing website, then it is highly recommended seeking help from experts who have been working in this field for years and have achieved the required flair.
- The fifth step would be setting up the WordPress design elements. This purely depends on your design thinking and has to do a lot with creatives. You need to set up your logo and taglines in the right place so that your visitors do not find it difficult to locate. The next thing that you need to specify is the color scheme of the website. It is a general practice to follow a uniform color scheme all through the website. Then you need to set up your menu structure as well as hyperlink all the pages and call to actions. All these require small tweaks and perfect ability to think from the minds of the visitors. The website should be designed keeping visitors in view. All the UI functionalities should align with each other and make the website unique.WordPress theme developer can be very helpful in setting up your website.
- The next step is debugging and testing. This is surely one of the toughest and the important step in website development as well as website migration. It is a matter of fact that you will on no occasion want your visitors to face issues while navigating through your website. In order to evade those risks, you need to debug all functionalities that you have included in the newfangled website. This is the most important task before making your website live for the audience. If you find any glitch on the website, you need to go back to the development table once more to rectify the issues. In the debugging phase, it is highly recommended checking all the images, links, pages, content, posts, media contents, widgets and especially plugins. Plugins are known for getting corrupted from time to time and if it happens then the entire website will crash.
- The next step will be going live as soon as you have successfully debugged all the functionalities of your website. In order to go live, you would need to move the domain to your new host or change the pointing URL.
- The last step of migration would be reviewing the comments and suggestions received from various sources. This is the revision phase. It is at all times developers and web designers feel their creation has no flaws at all. However, it is a matter of fact that most of the times live websites need a bit of revision in order to make it picture-perfect.
Hopefully, you are now aware of the 8 things that you need to keep in mind when you have made up your mind to migrate your existing HTML website to the up-to-the-minute WordPress platform. It’s not a tough task. You just need to have a bit of common sense and an awareness about things in WordPress works. In addition, learning this will not take long and you can surely master them easily. You can also get in touch with the WordPress theme developer, who can create a custom WordPress theme for you.