Read this full tutorial to know the ten (10) easy steps for Netgear extender setup. Smart Netgear wireless repeaters (extenders) have become a precious part of our daily life. In today’s scenario and growth in technology, we do prefer faster, longer, and reliable wireless network connectivity.
For this, we Netgear signal booster (extenders). They help in booting up and strengthen the internet connection so that, you will get strong wireless connectivity at every corner of your house or workplace. You just need to install, configure, and set up your extender and you are done.
But if you’re not aware of how to set up it up or facing some trouble in executing the installation procedure then we insist you read this complete tutorial with patience.
Let’s get started and make you familiar with your range extender as well before getting started with the installation and configuration part. At any point, if you get stuck then don’t worry as we are sitting just beside you to help you.
Get Familiar with your Netgear Wireless Range Extender
Below is some useful and handy information to set up your device using Netgear WiFi range extender manual:
- Netgear wireless range expander (extender) is a plug and play device. You simply need to connect it to the damaged-free electrical outlet and configure it to your main router and the Netgear device is ready to use. Well, the installation process is very simple to execute and can be done within a couple of minutes.
- The best location to place your range extender supposed to be in the middle of your house so that anyone in your home gets the good internet coverage throughout premises or building.
- Netgear range extender can easily be set up using the easy to implement on-screen instructions given on mywifiext.net login page. It is a secure web portal to set up, configure, and install Netgear smart wireless devices. Moreover, you also have to enter the default login credentials (when prompt) to access the login page.
- Also, you are supposed to place the Netgear WiFi booster away from such obstructions that create loads of interferences.
- Such barriers are refrigerators, microwaves, juicer, mixer grinder, dishwasher, metal appliances, treadmill, electronic gadgets, Bluetooth devices, concrete walls, doors, public WiFi, a reflection of the mirror, baby monitors, automatic garage opener, etc.
Setup, Installation, and Configuration:
- Prior you indulge in the setup process for your smart wireless range extender, ensure that your Netgear device is placed at least 20-30 feet away from the main router. Further, execute these light and smooth steps:
- The first thing you have to do, unbox the range extender and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Now, head towards your computer or laptop. On the bottom right corner, you can see the WiFi icon; we need you to tap on it.
- Here, you will discover a new network “Netgear_ext”.
- Click on the network name and pair with your range extender. Once done, open a web browser and at the very top of the address bar type mywifiext.uk hit enter and you will be redirected to Netgear Genie home-page.
- But before getting landed onto the Genie page, you will be prompt to enter default login credentials.
- Now, on the next page, you will be asked to choose “how you would like to use this new extender” and you have to select “WiFi Range Extender”.
- Select the WiFi network from the list displayed on-screen.
Note: You have to choose the main network apart from the guest network. After that, you will be asked for the password (security key) for the same network.
- On the other hand, you have to assign a network name and a passphrase (password) for your extender as well. Here, you will be shown all the information linked with your range extender.
Save the entire settings made by you. Once you are done with all the aforementioned steps, restart your Netgear repeater and after the gap of few minutes restart your router as well.
Finally, connect all your WiFi-enabled smart devices with the range extender and enjoy streaming online shows, videos, and movies without buffering.
Note: If you don’t get mywifiext.net setup success then use 192.168.1.250 for new extender setup. And for any help, drop your queries in the comment box given below.