The business of trucking companies and operators depends on looking for loads to haul and having a good database of clients. Truckers can get loads in several ways, either through referrals or reach in the local industry association. But the best way to find secure hauls is by opting for an online load board. So, what actually is a load board? Well, consider it as a match.com for truckers and shippers. Yes, load board is a platform which works as a common venue for truckers and shippers to come to an agreement to move freights. Brokers and shippers post loads which they want to shop and truckers look for loads to carry them and bid on them. Once the bid gets accepted, you can perform the delivery task.
Why should truck driver choose load boards?
Load boards are chosen for a variety of reasons. Here is a list of benefits which come with it.
- Messaging board:if a trucker sees a load he wants to take, load boards have the function to chat instantly with the broker about it.
- Great opportunities for carriers: If you are a new carrier, then you can definitely find something for you, even without any network and past experience.
- Chance to get reviewed: Shippers review you on load boards and thus help you in getting repute in the industry.
- All information at one place: You get all the information of the shipper, task, details of the route and money you are being paid at one platform.
- Online availability: it is available round the clock and constantly new jobs are being added.
Because of the wide ranging specs, online load boards are extremely useful for trucking companies who want to develop their clientele and expand their business. It is especially handy for novice drivers.
Common load board tips
- Make sure you sign up for multiple load boards
- If load boards are charging signup fee, make sure you spend wisely.
- Don’t overbook. Never book more than you can handle.
- Only bid for the right load and try your best to win the bid.
- Make a company profile so that shippers can easily find you.
Some of the free load boards for truckers looking for shipping work are given below:
If you are looking forward to find shipping work, then you can find some load boards without any fee. Free load boards help you to test the waters and come in handy if you are looking for some instant return.
Check out some of them:
Load Up: Without any hidden fees, you just need to register. Truckers can go for full load search, postings and email alerts.
Freight Finder: It is a free load board platform which has a number of American state and Canadian states listed.
Refer a truck: It is an online platform for truckers, brokers and shippers to meet.
Free Freight Search: It is the largest free load board and has a support hotline with several other services.
Shiply: It is a free load board platform which allows you to browse by state, region and route. So, you can find the best loads suitable for you.
When checking out for load board platform make sure you research well and then go for one so as to make everything easy and comfortable for yourself. Although there are so many platforms to choose from these days, yet it is important to gain useful information about them and then choose the best one that fits all your needs. No matter which platform you choose if it makes your job easy then it will really help you a lot.
With things getting online these days you can really use the technology and make things easy go for yourself. So, if you have still not tried it yet then its time to go for the best load board platform today. Making more delay will affect your work and you will be left behind in the competitive race. Shiply can really be a good option to check out and go with if you are still confused which platform to go with. You can stop your search on Shiply and you will surely find it useful.