Renting lifting platforms, especially a Cherry Picker, will give you many advantages over other options such as scaffolding. These innovative elevators are capable of reaching up to 40 meters in height and are very useful for all types of work on facades or in warehouses.
They also come with the following benefits:
- They are cheaper than renting scaffolding.
- They do not obstruct the way of walkers.
- You will not have to assemble or disassemble the machinery, making it possible to get the job done much faster.
- They are very safe.
- The operator can adjust this type of platform for height, position, and speed.
- Greater precision in manoeuvering.
- You can locate it exactly where you require it.
Safety measures for lifting platforms
As with any construction machinery or equipment, you must take into account mandatory safety measures on construction sites or any other work site to correctly use a lifting platform and avoid unnecessary accidents.
Here are the most important things to consider:
- The operator must put on a harness to avoid falling from the platform.
- Place guardrails on the top of the platform.
- Check the platform before using it.
- Great care must be taken not to leave any unattended load on the platform. It could fall and seriously injure someone on the ground.
- Using appropriate work clothing is very important. The operator should not forget to wear a safety helmet, appropriate footwear, special gloves, and any other accessory that is appropriate to increase safety.
- If you are going to work with electrical devices or in dangerous areas, you must use an elevated platform with non-conductive and anti-spark materials.
- The platform must be adapted to the working height so as not to be overextended or overloaded.
- Do not leave the machine on a surface that is not level because it could tip over accidentally.
- To use the platform, you must have the necessary license in your possession and be trained in the correct use of such equipment.
These measures are general pointers for any type of lifting platform. Depending on the specific hazards and working conditions of the site, it may be necessary to take other stricter safety precautions.
One of the biggest advantages of Cherry Picker’s hire is that normally the company renting the equipment will take care of most of the above points.
Cherry Picker hire can be very beneficial in a variety of situations, for example, when carrying out industrial cleaning, remodeling, construction, or maintenance tasks. By choosing a reputable rental company, you will be assured of high-quality, well-maintained equipment. They should guarantee their safe handling and operation.
In the case of renting these machines, the rental company is normally responsible for properly maintaining the machinery, maintaining the license of their operator, and possibly insurance coverage during the rental period.
Always read the rental agreement to check if there is anything else that you need to consider, such as transportation, additional charges for delays, etc. before making a final decision.